It’s with great anticipation that we announce the details of this coming year’s integrated education program. Instead of a stand-alone CAHN Conference, CAHN has partnered with the Canadian Association of the Study of the Liver (CASL) and CanHep C to bring you the new Canadian Liver Meeting (CLM) happening February 9th to 11th at the Intercontinental Hotel in Toronto, Ontario.
Fees & What’s Included:
CASL has agreed to give CAHN members a FULL annual membership, for the reduced price of $200 plus tax (the price of their associate membership). Then, all joint CAHN/CASL members will receive complimentary access to the Canadian Liver Meeting + complimentary access to the 7TH Canadian Symposium on HCV!
CASL’s full membership includes:
- Access to funding through awards, operating grants, and studentship funding opportunities.
- Reduced registration fee to the Canadian Liver Meeting, CASL Single Topic Conference and other CME Programs (free to joint CASL-CAHN members).
- Membership to the International Association for the Study of the Liver (IASL)
- Free subscription to Annals of Hepatology (CASL)
- Subscription to Liver International
- NEW! No charge to submit articles to the Canadian Liver Journal, CASL’s new online, open-access publication, and discounted pay-to-publish fees.
Steps to Register for the Canadian Liver Meeting:
- First, make sure to become a CAHN member or renew your CAHN membership for 2018. Click here to renew.
- Then, sign up for or renew your CASL membership:
- NEW CASL members can sign up HERE and select “Regular – CAHN” at the bottom of the form to receive the special rate;
- EXISTING CASL members should log into their member profile to ensure their address and contact information is correct, and view and pay their renewal invoice. Current members will also receive a second email with a direct link to view and pay your renewal invoice.
- When you have paid your 2018 membership dues, you will receive a special access code to register for the Canadian Liver Meeting for free. Click here to register.
- Book your hotel at the discounted group rate
Member Travel Reimbursement:
And, there’s more! This year, CAHN is reimbursing member’s travel expenses* to BOTH the Canadian Liver Meeting AND to the Special Nurse Summit which is being held at the Global Hepatitis Summit, June 14th to 17th at the Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Ontario.
*To qualifying members. Click here to see CAHN’s Conference Travel Policy. To qualify for reimbursement, you must be a member in good standing for 2017 & 2018. Please share this message with your colleagues as there’s still time to become a member for 2017. 2018 renewals must be done by January 15, 2018. Membership is just $50! You must attend CAHN’s AGM on Feb 11th to be reimbursed for travel to the Canadian Liver Meeting, and CAHN’s Networking Breakfast to be reimbursed for travel to a Special Nurse Summit.
The AGM will be held from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM on Sunday, February 11th at the Canadian Liver Meeting. A complimentary buffet breakfast will be served.
To help us have a fun and successful AGM, please take some time to nominate yourself or a nurse you know for one of our newly revamped awards. Click here for more information. Also, CAHN is looking for volunteers to step into the following two-year roles: Board of Director (2 positions), Vice President, Conference Co-Chair, Membership West, and Membership East. Click here to put your name forward.
Important Dates. Agendas with specific times will be sent closer to the events.
|Feb 09||7TH Canadian Symposium on Hepatitis C|
|Feb 09||Start of the Canadian Liver Meeting|
|Feb 10||Canadian Liver Meeting continues|
|Feb 11||CAHN’s Annual General Meeting (CAHN members are expected to attend)|
|Feb 11||Canadian Liver Meeting continues|
|Jun 14||CAHN’s Networking Breakfast (CAHN members are expected to attend)|
|Jun 14||A Special Nurse Summit|
|Jun 14-17||Global Hepatitis Summit|
More on the Special Nurse Summit ( held at the Global Hepatitis Summit):
Jun 14 to 17, 2018 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Nurses save $300 on entry to this event. The Regular 4-day pass is $795 , however , the nurse rate is $425 when you use your special nurse access code. A one-day pass is also available for $175 (regular $450) To get these rates register, before March 26. Click here to get your code or email Danae at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more information on this event and hotel booking.
We hope to see you in February!
Your Membership Team at
Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses
Saving lives, one liver at a time.
Become a CAHN Nurse.