News and Events
CDDW-CLM is a joint effort between the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology and the Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver, as well as their affiliates the Canadian Network on Hepatitis C, Canadian NASH Network, and Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses.
CAHN’s Nursing Program
Managing Symptoms of Chronic Liver Disease – Keynote Speaker
- 9:10 – 9:15 CAHN Introductions
Liza Abraham & Leo Yamamoto, CAHN Program Co-Chairs
- 9:15 – 10:10 Managing fatigue, cramps, itch, sleep, and sex
Dr. Elliot Tapper, Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System, Gastroenterology Section, Chicago, IL
Hepatitis B: Where are we today?
- 10:45 – 11:15 HBV history (etiology, Dx, Tx, management)
Colina Yim, NP, Toronto Centre for Liver Disease, University Health Network, Toronto, ON
- 11:15 – 11:45 Case study
Colina Yim, Toronto Centre for Liver Disease, University Health Network
Carla Coffin, Foothills Medical Centre
Meet The Experts: Addiction Series
- 14:00 – 14:30 Further conversations around Harm Reduction and Safe Supply
Marysia (Mish) Waraksa, NP, Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre, Toronto, ON
- 14:30 – 15:00 Persons Who Inject Drugs
Bernadette Lettner, RN, Toronto Community Hep C Program, Toronto, ON
15:30 – 16:15 CAHN DEBATE: To B or not to B: A Question around Simplifying HBV Care
- Arguing For: Edward Tam, Pacific Gastroenterology Associates
- Arguing Against: David Wong, University of Toronto/ University Health Network
Save the date! September 29-30 in Toronto.
CAHN’s Liver Health Education Conference The Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses annually hosts CAHNference, bringing together healthcare professionals, from coast to coast, to share leadership stories, clinical best practices, innovative research, and scientific developments impacting hepatology nurses, their patients, and associated healthcare disciplines. We extend a warm welcome to members, non-members, affiliates, and guests who wish to join us.
More information coming soon.