Welcome New Members!
Rachelle Funaro of BC, Nancy MacDonald of NS, Kate Dunn of AB, Tamara Barnett of BC, Susanne Nicolay of SK, Anne Drost of BC, Kelly Lang of SK, Skye Maitland of BC, Shelby Price of BC, Joanne Veldhorst of ON, Erin Pooley of BC, Samantha Bosscher of BC, Ziba Aalamian of QC, Michelle Bobyn of BC and Tania La Fleur of ON.
We hope to meet you at this year’s AGM!
Friday, May 24
- 17:30-18:30 – CLM opening + Blueprint to Inform a Hepatitis C Elimination Strategy
- 18:30-19:10 – CLM Reception (Wine & Cheese)
- 19:15 – Buffet Dinner followed by The Clock is Ticking – Key Initiatives to Eliminate HCV by 2030 (starting at 19:45). Please RSVP at https://bit.ly/2VYmFOB
Saturday, May 25
- 09:20-09:25 – Welcome – Donna Zukowski (CAHN president)
- 09:25-09:50 – Nutrition in liver disease: Practical counselling tips – Chantal Bemeur RD, PhD
- 09:50-10:15 – Hepatic encephalopathy: Nursing intervention – Elizabeth Lee NP
- 15:30-16:30 – HCV Models of Care Among Priority Populations: Nursing Practice and Pearls
- Prison System – Dennaye Fuchs, RN, Saskatchewan Health Authority, SK
- Supervised Injection/Overdose Prevention – Bernadette Lettner, RN & Kate Mason, South Riverdale Community Health Centre, Toronto, ON
- Homeless – Jacqueline Atkinson, NP, Mobile Outreach Street Health, Halifax, NS
- Newcomer HCV Linkage – Jeanette Feizi RN, Vancouver, BC
- 16:30-17:00 – The next liver disease of focus: Alcohol or NASH? – David Wong, MD vs Ed Tam, MD
Sunday, May 26
- 07:00 – 07:30 – CAHN Member Buffet Breakfast
- 07:30 – 09:30 – CAHN Annual General Meeting (click for more info)
- 09:30 – 10:30 – CAHN Executive Meeting for New President & BOD
Remember to register for the Friday night buffet dinner and presentation by using this link –> https://bit.ly/2VYmFOB
Become a CAHN Member before May 19 to qualify for travel reimbursement to attend the Canadian Liver Meeting. Please share with your hepatology nurse colleagues.
CAHN at INHSU 2019
September 11 to September 13, 2019 – Montreal
The 8th International Conference on Hepatitis Care in Substance Users (INHSU 2019) is the leading international conference on hepatitis care in substance users. CAHN will be hosting a nurse focused dinner event on Sep 11 and a nurse program on Sep 13. More details coming soon.
13th Annual Conference of the International Liver Cancer Association
September 20 to September 22 – Chicago
ILCA continues to develop new programmes and initiatives and will bring together again the most eminent liver cancer experts from around the globe with the ultimate goal to improve the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care of patients.
2019 Jenny Heathcote Hepatology Update
September 27 at the Chelsea Hotel at 33 Gerrard Street West, Toronto
BC Nurse Leaders Networking Dinner 2019 & Vancouver Liver Forum
October 3 to October 4 – Vancouver
CAHN is proud to host the 2019 BC Nurse Leaders in conjunction with Dr. Ramji’s Liver Forum. This is a very popular, fun-filled, networking event for BC’s Hepatology Nurses. Register early!
CAHN members are given priority registration. On September 16 registration will open to non-member nurses. Become a CAHN member now for priority registration to future events.
These and many more hepatology events will be added to our website shortly.