The Canadian Liver Meeting (CLM) is now open for registration. Joint CAHN/CASL members will receive complimentary access to this event (plus $75 to attend the HCV Symposium).
Steps to Register as a Joint Member:
- Become a CAHN Member or renew your CAHN Membership. Membership is $75.
- Become an Associate CASL Member or renew your CASL Membership. CASL’s Associate Membership is $200.
- Receive your complimentary access code from CASL by automated email or request it from email@example.com.
- Use the code to register for the event at the Canadian Liver Meeting’s website.
- Book your hotel. You may choose to book a room at the conference hotel, Le Westin Montreal, by clicking here. Or, find your own near-by accommodations. Continue reading for details on travel reimbursements.
- Register for the CAHN Nurse Mixer. Free. Saturday, Feb 29, 17:30-18:30 at Le Westin, Room TBD.
- Register for the AbbVie Nurse Educational Dinner (registration opening soon)
Alternatively, you may register for the event as a non-member at the early-bird rate of $200 before December 18 (plus $175 for the HCV Symposium).
Qualifying CAHN members will receive travel reimbursement as per CAHN’s Conference Travel Policy. This year’s Conference Accommodation Rate is $199 + taxes per night. You must attend CAHN’s AGM which will be the morning of Sunday, March 01, and submit your travel receipts by end-of-day April 12. Please read the Conference Travel Policy to understand your entitlements.
CAHN’s Annual General Meeting
Mar 1, 2020, from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM EST at Le Westin Montreal during the Canadian Liver Meeting.
Attend CAHN’s AGM to network with nurses from across the country, learn what CAHN is doing to enhance education for hepatology nurses, and celebrate the contributions of your well-deserving colleagues.
A highlight of every AGM is the awards and recognition ceremony. Please take some time to nominate a nurse you know.
Attend the AGM in person, electronically or by proxy
In-person: Located at Le Westin Montréal. A buffet breakfast will be served at 7:00 AM. Sign-in to ensure travel reimbursement!
Electronically: For those who cannot attend in person and who are not attending the National Conference, you may participate electronically. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive login information. This option may require a minimum number of interested participants.
Proxy: Proxy voting works by enabling members who are entitled to vote but are not able to attend the AGM in person to appoint another member as their proxy who will attend the meeting to vote on their behalf. If the appointed member does not attend the vote(s) will not be cast. To appoint a Member to be your proxy send a notification email to email@example.com.
Call for Nominations
Nominate yourself or a nurse you know to sit on CAHN’s Board of Directors (3 seats). Nominees will be elected by majority membership vote at the 2020 AGM. A meeting will be held after the AGM (10:00 AM) to onboard the new team.
CAHN is also taking nominations for Vice President, Conference Co-Chair, and Membership Chair to be appointed at the March BOD teleconference meeting. Each position is a two-year term.
CAHN Members Recognized at AASLD
Congrats to two of our CAHN members; Colina Lim and Liz Lee on their amazing award-winning poster at AASLD 2019 in Boston.
And to members, Cheryl Dale, Julie German, and Mia Biondi for their work presented as an oral abstract by Cheryl Dale at AASLD 2019! We are so proud of our members for representing to key stakeholders and garnering admiration and attention from all over the world!
Upcoming International Events
EASL – The International Liver Congress™ 2020 Wednesday, April 15 to Sunday, April 19, 2020, in London, United Kingdom.
- November 19, 2019 – Abstract Submission Closes
- January 14, 2020 – Early Registration Deadline
Global Hepatitis Summit Thursday, June 18 to Sunday, June 21, 2020, in Taipei, Taiwan.
- November 01, 2019 – Call for Abstracts Opens
- December 02, 2019 – Early Bird Registration Opens
- January 18, 2020 – Sponsorship / Exhibition Opens
- February 02, 2020 – Abstract Submission Deadline
Travel Grant Application Deadline