Statement of Policy and Procedure for 2021 Member Reimbursement Benefits
Effective/Issue Date: January 26, 2022
Next Review Date: December 2022
Purpose: To establish clear guidelines and eligibility requirements for CAHN members to receive the outlined reimbursement benefits.
CAHN members are entitled to receive reimbursement for the benefits listed in this policy for the year 2021. These benefits temporarily replace the usual Conference Travel Reimbursement Benefit since travel and gathering restrictions are currently in place due to COVID-19.
Scope and Exceptions:
- The benefits outlined in this policy are available to all CAHN members who are active between January 1, 2022, and May 9, 2022.
- Attendance at CAHN virtual Annual General Meeting on Sunday, May 15, 2022, is required for all reimbursement benefits under this policy.
- No one may authorize an exception to these policies and procedures for his/her own benefit.
- Any exception to the standard policy must be authorized in writing by CAHN’s President and Treasurer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
CAHN’s Board of Directors are responsible for:
- ensuring that budgeted funds are available to meet all commitments.
- ensuring proper authorization is obtained before any commitments are made.
- communicating benefits to the general membership in a timely fashion.
CAHN’s General Membership is responsible for
- approving the 2022 budget at the 2022 annual general meeting under which these benefits will be paid.
- being aware of the eligibility requirements within this policy before making any commitments.
- Canadian Association of the Study of the Liver (CASL) Membership Fee Reimbursement
CAHN will reimburse 100% of the membership fee to join the Canadian Association of the Study of the Liver at the reduced CAHN member rate of $200.
2) Canadian Liver Meeting Registration Fee Reimbursement
CAHN will reimburse 100% of the registration fee to attend the 2022 Canadian Liver Meeting virtually. The total reimbursement is $75 for joint CAHN/CASL members or $250 for CAHN members who are not CASL members.
- The member must have an active CAHN membership by May 9, 2022.
- The member must join CASL before May 9, 2022.
- The member must attend CAHN’s virtual program at the Canadian Liver Meeting on May 12-13, 2022
- The member must attend CAHN’s virtual Annual General Meeting on May 15, 2022 as evidenced by the online sign-in function
- The member must complete CAHN’s CLM nurse program evaluation form by April 5, 2022
- The member must submit a receipt to CAHN using the online reimbursement form by June 26, 2022.
Policy Authority: Board of Directors, Canadian Association of Hepatology Nurses