Mission, Vision & Beliefs
CAHN is a national professional organization that represents and supports hepatology nurses across Canada. We promote leadership, clinical practice, education, and research in hepatology nursing.
Hepatology nursing is a specialized area of client-centred nursing that focuses on the promotion of liver health, prevention of illness, and the care of clients. Since most liver diseases are chronic in nature, hepatology nursing practice promotes self-care, advocates for resources and supports the client through the illness experience.
The advancement of hepatology nursing requires evidence-based practice, critical thinking, and life-long learning. Hepatology nursing uses research, theory, and experiential knowledge from nursing and other disciplines to provide evidence-based practice.
As a result of our vision, mission and beliefs, CAHN:
- Shares information for the mutual benefit of members
- Promotes and provides educational opportunities for clients and professionals in hepatology
- Supports a collaborative professional practice environment
- Maintains and improves the standards of practice of hepatology nurses
- Advocates for health equity and creates awareness of social issues among nurses