Dates TBD as COVID-19 situation unfolds
CAHN has partnered with the Atlantic Hepatology Nurses to bring you the 2020 Atlantic Nurse Meeting in Halifax. This fun, free event is open to all hepatology nurses and includes a reception and dinner with a keynote speaker followed by a full day of education.
Venue options are being negotiated and will be posted here once confirmed.
Did you know CAHN provides members with travel support to attend educational events across Canada? Join now to be eligible for travel benefits to attend this event.
CAHN members also have access to exclusive nurse tools, designed by expert hepatology nurses, access to presentations from previous CAHN events including the Canadian Liver Meetings, 2019 INHSU, and more.
Become a CAHN nurse
Friday evening – Atlantic Hepatology Nurses Dinner
- Reception/Nurse Networking
- Buffet Dinner
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Tasha Kulai, Hepatologist, Halifax Topic: Hepatitis C Elimination-Are we on track for elimination in 2030?!
- Door Prize Giveaway
- Nursing Case Studies in liver disease (topics to be presented by our attendees-remember to let us know which cases you would like to discuss)
- Nursing models/projects in liver disease – RN’s and NP’s are invited to share their exciting work
- Challenges and successes of delivering health care to First Nations/ Inuit in the setting of liver disease (Josephine Muxlow, CNS
- Motivating health behaviour change-Lecture and workshop (Dr. Dayna Lee-Bagley)
- Harm reduction approaches to the care of a person with liver disease (Jac Atkinson, NP)
- NAFLD update (Sarah De Coutere, NP)
- Hemochromatosis diagnosis and management (Carla Burgess, NP)
- HCV treatment priority populations (TBD)
- And much more!